Many of us may wonder how we can continue to safely serve the vulnerable in our communities who desperately need our help. One of the safest and most beneficial things you can do right now is pray. Prayer is one of the most powerful tools we have. We are all faced with fear and uncertainty right now, but know God is listening.
We’ve put together a list of 6 groups to pray for during this COVID-19 pandemic. This list is not comprehensive, but it’s a good place to start so we, together, with the Church, can collectively pray for God’s love and mercy.
We pray for:
- The sick and their families.
- Health care workers, caregivers and researchers fighting this disease.
- The vulnerable children and families in our communities.
- Grocery store and delivery workers.
- Police, firefighters and volunteers.
- Civic leaders responsible for making difficult decisions during this crisis.
Most of all, we pray this virus comes to an end and the world will heal from its devastating effects.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. | Philippians 4:6